Thursday, March 22, 2007

Walk Three Hundred and Thirty-One – School Assembly

firstassemblycrop
The return part of my walk was disrupted by the boys’ school ringing to say I needed to take Hugo home as he was ill. With my car a mile away, and thoughts of appendicitis occupying my mind, I was grateful to my friend Sharron for a lift to the car in the emergency. I picked up Hugo, only to find it was a complete over-reaction by the school. He came home, had a glass of water and then wanted to go back as there was a class outing planned. After returning Hugo to school, I then had to rush back to see Xavier’s first school assembly – which was a delight and also the only opportunity I had today to sketch. He then went to tea with John, James and Thomas (yes – triplets) after having a complete change of clothes because of a temper tantrum with a full yoghurt pot in the car. All this and I have three publications to produce and the launch leaflet for a dear friend’s new business. I received scant sympathy for my stressful day from my nearest and dearest. But he had an equally difficult day as budget day imposes a whole lot of extra work onto his shoulders, so I’m just going to look forward to a an easier day tomorrow, and as I won’t have use of a car at the weekend I can mak up the miles then.
60mm x 90mm ink doodle in small sketchbook

2 Comments:

Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

A kid with a yoghurt pot in the car and a tantrum! What a day for you.
I wish I had kept a diary of my kids when they were small but life was a mix of laid-back ease and social events and a bit of teaching. Lots of walking up hill and down dale.
w.

1:22 am  
Blogger Alison said...

What an all-round messy day! I hope the weekend is better for you.

9:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home