Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Walk Three Hundred and Twenty-Nine – New path

jerseyfarmpath
A bitterly cold day with sharp shards of hail pricking my face as I walked home from leaving Xavier at nursery. Then, as I walked back to pick him up, I picked the one hour in the day when the snow fell thickly and (because of the wind) in almost horizontal lines. Only this one mile challenge could have dragged me out in such weather. The good news is that I won’t have to slip and slide all the way across the woodland park when it’s wet and muddy as these stone paths are being made around the edge of the park. The poor workmen were out all day in the freezing cold.

200mm x 145mm brushpen in small sketchbook

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Well, isn't that wonderful - you get to feel horizontal snow and glass sharp hail :) A proper path will be nice but I would have thought stone could still be slippery when wet.

7:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home