Monday, March 19, 2007

Walk Three Hundred and Twenty-Eight – Clouds before the snow

jerseyfarmsky

What a lot of weather today! Bright sunshine and clear skies this morning. The clouds started to build up and at lunch time, when I sketched this, at the woodland park, the wind was blowing at quite a pace. Then in the afternoon we had a hail downpour, followed by a period of relative calm and then a flurry of snow as dusk fell. And you wonder why English people spend so much of their time talking about the weather.

410mm x 130mm watercolour in moleskine watercolour sketchbook

1 Comments:

Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Well, you never get bored with the weather over there! All the seasons in one day. That's what they say about Melbourne.
I don't paint skies much - find it difficult, but must have a go soon.
I'm feeling better, after getting some expensive cough medicine from the chemist,I'm now on the mend. Peceli was so irritated by my hacking coughing that he insisted I take one puff of the Ventilin prescribed by the doctor - which I had refused to use. And it send me off into dreamland within fifteen minutes. Is that supposed to happen?
w.

12:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home