Thursday, February 22, 2007

Walk Three Hundred and Three – Further down the road

twentyhighstreet
I have had such a busy day cleaning the house and getting my office into a usable state. I’m normally quite a cheerful person, but everything surrounding my mother’s death last summer has had quite an effect on my mood for the past six months. Fortunately the cloud of depression seems to at last be lifting, I feel energised and ready to deal with all the chaotic areas of my life. So a huge amount of de-cluttering and hard physical graft today. Then Xavier had two friends to tea, so very little time to walk and draw. After playing trains with the boys for half an hour I left the older children in charge, drew for a few minutes and walked up to the Bluebell wood as quickly as possible and came back to make supper for the toddlers and then supper for the rest of the family. Phew!

85mm x 125mm pen in moleskine

5 Comments:

Blogger Jana Bouc said...

I like the charming details that are fun to see

7:03 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Funny how women so often get the urge to clean and tidy when they are on the up - I've not seen it in men.

10:14 am  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Yes Jana, I drew it particularly for the 's' shaped metal brace thingy (which I think supports the wall)

Alison, yes with my man it seems to be a time that he wants to fill the house with yet more clutter ( like the boat that was only supposed to be on the patio for a week and is still there six months later)

10:20 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Boats have have a habit of doing that!

11:46 pm  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Here's a quote I copied at the Quilt Exhibition - William Morris: Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or to believe to be beautiful. 1882. Perhaps that's good advice for today.
Anyway, a question; have you buildings with interesting doors and windows, etc. that are very very old? Like old castles? You see, we associate England with Camelot and that sort of thing.
w.

1:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home