Thursday, December 21, 2006

Walk Two Hundred and Forty – Foggy day

foggycattle
After the bright light of yesterday, today we are enveloped in soft, damp mist. After drawing the cows, behind the Green Man pub, I walked up to Langley wood. If it wasn’t for this daily challenge, I would never have ventured out. However the flattened, softened, almost monochrome tree trunks were very beautiful – the only sounds were the occasional caw of a blackbird, the flap of a bird’s wings and the drip, drip of the wetness falling from the trees.

200mm x 125mm pencil on cartridge

5 Comments:

Blogger Making A Mark said...

I was driving back through it yesterday and it wasn't until I got to your area that it started to perk up weather wise. mot nuch further north were hard hoar frosts which hadn't gone by the afternoon.

Nice misty moos!

7:19 pm  
Blogger Karen Sandstrom said...

Nothing like a little graphite to convey the mist. Nicely done.

2:55 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Such a beautiful simple softness - I really love this one - we saw your dreadful weather on the news tonight and the two daughters of one of Ralph's collegues are stuck at Heathrow, trying to get home.

11:39 am  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Fog is lovely to draw/paint but to me it's a kind of claustrophic experience, especially when in a car. Nice pic.
W.

6:14 am  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

I wish I had such beautiful vistas so near me that I could walk to them, of land and cows and forests. Seeing these pictures this morning is making me want to take a drive and just hang out somewhere quiet amonst cows and trees and fields. I wonder how far I'd have to drive--probably not that far.

5:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home