Friday, June 09, 2006

Walk Forty-six – Log, seat, whatever

log
walk45

I have been asked whether I take a seat with me when drawing outside. I don’t at the moment as I find the more bulky the drawing kit the less inclined I am to set off, so it’s standing, sitting on the ground or using whatever is available. Fortunately there are a few places where farmers have put logs like these where there are gaps in the hedges – I think to prevent fly-tipping.
The rabbit really did appear while I was drawing and my dear dog, who would have loved to chase the bejasus out of the creature, had to put up with ‘staying’ and looking on longingly while I drew the rabbit in the picture.

5 Comments:

Blogger Hashi said...

Wow, you have an obedient dog! Lovely illustration Julie. I had to google "fly-tipping" to find out what it meant!

10:23 pm  
Blogger Alison said...

Beautiful - such lovely contrasts in value and variety of line. And yes, amazingly disciplined dog

12:04 am  
Blogger Linda T said...

Just checked in to see where you had been recently. I'm enjoying your walks and art. I love the values in this picture.

7:34 pm  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Hashi, must be a UK expression. And yes he is very good (not a clever, good at tricks type of dog, but he can do the few things we drilled into him when he was a puppy). These pencil drawings are the product of treating myself to some decent quality 7B and 8B pencils (as opposed to the packs of economy pencils I've been used to)

9:41 pm  
Blogger Karen said...

I read April and May last night and now in June I just have to comment on this beautiful picture. The dear little rabbit makes it perfect (and yes, you have a very well behaved dog!)

12:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home