Saturday, June 10, 2006

Walk Forty-seven – Hedge

hedge
walk47

Our wonderful independent parish councillor, Natalie, has singlehandedly worked tirelessly to raise money and get as much support as possible to have our decrepit, unusable village tennis and basketball courts completely restored so that we have a fantastic sports resource for the community. So I spent most of a lovely sunny day in front of the computer helping her sort out the marketing material, timetable and booking forms for when they are up and running. However it was a small price to pay compared to all her work, and with four children I know we’ll get the use out of it. This drawing therefore was a quickie looking out over the fields near the bluebell wood.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, julie. i am so impressed by your challenge. Whenever you don't feel like doing it, I am silent rooting you on, just so ya know! :O)

10:17 pm  
Blogger Penny said...

Love these Pencil drawings Julie, perhaps I should stop using the pen, but it is very handy to have the pen and I dont have to sharpen a pencil.I can slip the pen into the ring binding of my very small sketchbook and then it is much more portable for me. Penny in South Australia

8:42 am  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Shawn, thank you so much, it really helps to know there are people out there noticing. BTW love your illustrations, you have a super style.
Penny, I never used to use a pen but I found that it was a great way to commit to a line. As a result all the pen drawing I've been doing over the last year has really improved my pencil drawing. And it is enjoyable having the subtlety of weight and tone that you get with a pencil. I only used an eraser for the light shafts in the cloud picture.

10:13 am  
Blogger Alison said...

I love the spareness of this one - we have a similar situation with our tennis courts - their existence relies on a few enthusiastic organisers though lots of people use them - so much more complicated to run these days with insurance issues etc.

1:14 pm  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

Well done you! It's efforts like this which keep communities being communities.

Great little sketch as well. Have you ever noticed how some of the ones we do really fast sometimes work really well!

6:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home