Thursday, December 14, 2006

Walk Two Hundred and Thirty-Three

smartys
140mm x 95mm in spiral bound sketchbook
jfwpchurch
125mm x 95mm in same sketchbook
walk233
I’ve always liked this view of of Smarty’s Auto’s (which is located in the garage that goes with the house on the left) with the sign including its grocer’s apostrophe and the field rising up behind it. It really merits drawing on a larger piece of paper so that more detail can be included, but I’m determined to finish off my annoying too small, spiral bound sketchbook as soon as possible so you get two tiny pictures today. As you can see my walk doesn’t return home because I was able to pick up my car from Smarty’s nearest competitor, after paying out as much money as you would need to live in luxury for a year in some backpacker’s paradise.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Lovely sketches. I like the one of Xavier too! Glad the car is almost fixed walking about in the rain is not a good thing!

8:30 pm  
Blogger Penny said...

Oh Julie these are lovely, I really get the feel of an English small town. Love the use of pink.

9:32 pm  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Fresh and spontaneous look and still full of information.
Hey, Penny, if you are looking - I can't comment on your drawings at all!
W.

11:33 pm  
Blogger vivien said...

There's a lovely use of colour in this last one - I love the slatey blues in the trees

1:19 pm  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

I love the brilliant colors and I hope you'll get to do the bigger picture of Smarty's. I'd love to see it.

7:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home