Saturday, August 19, 2006

Walk One Hundred and Seventeen – Sunflower in front of Jessamine cottages

jessamine
WALK117

Having packed all my colourful media, for my holiday, I was forced to take out the dreaded graphitint pencils. When I spotted this sunflower (a flower this tall, I never quite believed existed when I was a child in Fiji) I intended to draw everything in the dull muted colours I had with me and then add the bright yellow petals of the sunflower with what I had at home. While I was drawing a completely unexpected shower changed all that and turned my pages into more colourful, sodden blotting paper. However I was rewarded with a beautiful bright rainbow.
I’m now ready to go for our long-looked-forward-to sailing holiday in Greece, so I’ll post all my walking and drawing when I get back in about two weeks time.

7 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

I hope you all have a lovely time.

1:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful break and relax. Looking forward to some holiday photos and your sketches when you get back.
Happy travels!

3:32 pm  
Blogger Hashi said...

We'll miss you!

4:41 pm  
Blogger Tami said...

Have a good time! I will miss checking in daily, though

3:34 am  
Blogger Penny said...

Lucky you, have a fantastic time. I will miss your lovely paintings, they inspire me to do better.

9:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a delightful concept for a journal! I'm glad I found you via Jana Bouc's links!

7:49 pm  
Blogger Weichuen You said...

It's amazing how you have persisted in this project. I think it can be a LOVELY book!

3:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home