Thursday, August 10, 2006

Walk One Hundred and Eight – Woodcock Hill sky

woodcocksky
WALK108
I drove over Woodcock Hill four times today dropping off and picking up Hugo for his windsurfing session. The clouds were so dramatic, solid, strongly lit and sometimes a steely blue-grey contrasting with the golden stubble of the wheatfields. So when I walked late this evening I headed towards the same spot. They were completely different again, with the setting sun making the top edges of the clouds blush a peachy pink.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Julie, your rendering of the changing sky is quite fetching, also! I have seen these tones and colors, tried to memorize them so I could paint them later, it is hard, the show changes so quickly.

5:35 am  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Yes it is hard isn't it, sometimes I capture some of the feel of it, but not often and not today, but the good, the bad and the ugly all get posted here.

5:43 pm  
Blogger Linda T said...

Julie, your sketches and paintings and drawings are just wonderful. I enjoy coming by your blog and seeing what you have been creating. So nice!!

4:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home