Saturday, December 09, 2006

Walk Two Hundred and Twenty-Eight – Visit to Blandford St Mary

blandfordbridge
A visit to my dear friend Shulay (who drew my profile picture many moons ago) this weekend. We had lunch out in Blandford Forum and then went to her daughter, Lilijan’s, school fair. So, in the evening, as Shulay started cooking supper, I ventured out in the freezing cold and dark to draw the bridge connecting the two Blandfords, over the river Stour. I drew very quickly as it was so cold, but what I thought would interest my Australian readership was the cast iron sign bolted to the inner side of the bridge which I noted down and recreated from the comfort of my computer.
SIGN

5 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

What a strange sign - I wonder why such a sign should be attached to this bridge particularly - I've never seen similar anywhere else in UK.

11:04 am  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

I don't imagine that if I'd sprayed the bridge with grafitti, the court would have given me a one way ticket to Australia

9:58 pm  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

How wonderful!
Would you be transported perhaps to Nukulau to spend some kava drinking time with George Speight - it might be more pleasurable than coming to our neck of the woods!
Wendy
My commenting is going haywire - Google doesn't like me at present and I can't comment on Penny's and others.

3:58 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean they get to save the air fare? ;)

9:44 am  
Blogger Karen said...

how interesting, I shall try and remember to take a look next time i'm down that way.

12:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home