Saturday, September 02, 2006

Walk/Swim One Hundred and Thirty One – Last day in Greece

flokamares
We were up early, said our goodbyes and took a taxi to a hotel with a swimming pool. After breakfast, Robin and I had a little walk around the neighbourhood, but it was a little dull so I drew Flo when we got back. We went back to the mainland by ferry and were taken to the airport by coach where we did get to see the Acropolis in the distance.

The rest of the evening was hellish. As we were just about to get on the plane a delay of twenty minutes was announced, so we had to return to the gate. In the end our flight was delayed for a total of four hours – but we weren’t informed how long the delay would be, so we had to stay at the gate. There were insufficient seats, so we had to sit on the floor. We were not offered any refreshments and we daren’t leave the gate area to get some because we didn’t know whether the flight was on the verge of leaving. But there you go, that’s what happens now on airlines.

Our good friend Igor, still turned out at, I think, three in the morning to pick us up at the airport, and we had nonetheless had a wonderful holiday so we had a lot to be grateful for.

4 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

I love the way you use line and this is a fantastic example of how well you get a figure on paper.I think I must practice and practice.

4:24 am  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Penny I'm full of admiration at how you do fit it all in. It's much easier for me - I have my own computer that I use for work and I am very computer literate because of my work.

10:23 pm  
Blogger Tami said...

what a unfortunate ending to such a wonderful holiday! Thank you again, so much for sharing in your beautiful style. I have so enjoyed the trip!

12:01 pm  
Blogger MD said...

What a brilliant sketch and I have so enjoyed looking at your Greece Holiday sketches....they are truly glorious...makes me hanker for the days when we used to go out and laze on the boat. Best place for painting and sketching!
Lovely lovely work. Sounds like you had a great holiday too!
MD

9:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home