Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Walk Fifty-one – Ssshhhhh

woodcockhill

walk51

You don’t have to live in Sandridge for very long before one of the locals will tell you conspiratorily, as he sips his pint in the ‘Green Man’, that there is a secret tunnel that runs directly from Downing Street to the ‘Wireless Listening Station’ at the top of Woodcock Hill in Sandridge. Though why the Prime Minister of the day should want to rush to Sandridge from any threat in London mystifies me. Oops now I’ve let the cat out of the bag. We’ll just have to see whether this post mysteriously disappears...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie, I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying these! Everyday something new and surprising and delightful. What a wonderful idea you've had!

2:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this blog is a total delight!
i'm so enjoying your sketches, your posts!

2:54 pm  
Blogger Penny said...

what a story Julie, and here is another one who knows about it. Amazing where these things come from. I feeling frozen and walked out but will get over it. I think it might be something called shhhh (age)

2:02 am  
Blogger Alison said...

I've got hypothermia too - I need a week in the sun. Your post hasn't disappeared but I'm sure you'll now be in Their files - perhaps you were already.

10:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home